Rioja Wine Tour
STRICTLY LIMITED AVAILABILITY – BOOK NOW!
– 11:15 – Arrival at Bilbao Airport, met by your English speaking, local guide and short, journey to our accommodation for a light lunch of local cuisine and a presentation and overall introduction to Rioja Wines, complete with wine tasting of a small producers award winning wines
– Afternoon – Visit to a local winery with private tour and tasting of fine wines, before returning to our hotel for rest and relaxation by the pool
– Presentation over dinner from a local winemaker and a presentation of their wines and food matching.
– Breakfast followed by a cookery course and instruction on how to prepare and cook some fantastic local foods.
– Light lunch of the local foods just prepared
– Afternoon – Visit to a local olive oil producer, a tour of their facilities, olive oil tasting and explanation of the process.
– Visit to the beautiful, medieval walled town of Laguardia, one of the most beautiful villages in Spain, both for its cultural and historical heritage and for the people who live and work its lands. Stroll its many winding streets and discover how life has remained unchanged for 100’s of years.
– Presentation by a local grower of their award winning wines and tasting matched in to a spectacular dinner.
– Breakfast – We travel the short distance to Logrono where we are met by the owners of the winery and shown why their wines are some of the best produced in Rioja, followed by a light lunch of typical local cuisine, with some of their delicious wines to try.
– Afternoon – a trip to the incredible 5th century monasteries of Suso and Yuso of San Milan, a Unesco World Heritage Site
– We return to our hotel in the evening to enjoy a Grower Dinner with the lovely Yolanda Martin from Rioja Bordon’s producer FrancoEspanolas, a winery founded in 1890
– Breakfast, followed by an all day visit, on this trip only, to the fantastic ‘Logrono Wine Harvest Festival‘ as today is the feast day of San Mateo, where Logrono organises a ceremony where the new harvest is offered to Our Lady of Valvanera – La Rioja patron.
It’s the main date of the Rioja wine festival, and you can try delicious gastronomic delicacies, watch fireworks, sports and listen to concerts.
– Breakfast – A short trip to visit Juan at Bodegas San Esteban in Murillo De Rio Leza for a Wine tasting and a lunch in one of their picturesque vineyards surrounded by the vines and terroir that you will be tasting.
– PM – We travel back to Laguardia to visit the Bodegas Pujanza.
– Evening back to the Hotel for a Fantastic, last evenings Gala Dinner presented by an award winning wine grower and wine tasting of some of their fine wines
– Breakfast – A stunning local vineyard visit and an early light lunch
– Award winning Vivanco winery visit and private tour
– 2.45 – Return to Bilbao Airport for your return flight to Heathrow at 18.20
* We may need to make slight changes to this Itinerary on the fly, taking into consideration weather conditions, time constraints and other variants, but will not distract from the overall tour quality or experience.